Monday, July 23, 2012

Urban Explorer - Longboards

My sister told me about this small little wrap shop called Longboards-Wraps-and-Bowls. When she mentioned it I thought "wraps, really?? How is that unique?"  She then described it as "possibly Hawaiian food?" Well, that peeked my interest so we decided to give it a try. The restaurant definitely had a Hawaiian Island feel. It was totally decked out in Hawaiian and beach decor.    

Oh and to top it all off, we had just come from the pool so we totally fit in with the feel of the restaurant. : ) 

Now for the food!!
The menu had everything from salads to Thai noodle bowls. They even had a SUSHI WRAP!! I don't think I will be trying it anytime soon, but they did offer one.  
Since neither one of us really knew what to order we decided to only order one thing and split it and if we liked it then we would consider going back.


We decided on the Teriyaki Grill wrap with a side of hummus and pita.
I thought the hummus at Longboards was WAY better than the hummus at Habashi House. However, it was a little on the bland side. But in my opinion, a little bland is better than a lot of nasty! 
The teriyaki grill wrap was just ok. I thought it tasted EXACTLY like the frozen teriyaki stir fry that you can buy at the grocery store. So, it kinda tasted like something I could throw together on my own with some leftover stir fry. 
If we do decide to give Longboards another try I will NOT be ordering the teriyaki grill wrap, but I think I would probably order the hummus again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment