Thursday, July 5, 2012

Urban Explorer - Buddha

While my sister and I were getting our shop on at Michaels, we had a sudden craving for sushi!! We had crafting and sushi on the brain, so we decided to try out a new Asian restaurant in Zona Rosa shopping center called Buddha. The restaurant was divided into 2 sections. The hibachi lounge and the regular dining area. The hibachi lounge looked amazing with huge hibachi bars and a stage set up right in the middle of the lounge!
As soon as we were seated we scoured the menu for sushi! The first thing I noticed was the price of each roll, and the prices were average for sushi. One thing I thought was odd was that most of their sushi was wrapped in soy paper. I had never had sushi wrapped in soy paper before, so I gave it a try and ordered Liz's California Roll. We also ordered a Shrimp Tempura Roll and a rainbow Roll. We also tried to order a seaweed salad, but they were all out. : ( 
Now for the taste test!!
I had such high hopes for Buddha, but sadly to say, we were let down. : (  My sister and I did not like any of the sushi we ordered! Not even the Shrimp Tempura Roll! In my opinion, Liz's California Roll was the worst of the 3, but my sister, on the other hand, thought it was the best of the 3. I have decided that I do NOT like soy paper AT ALL. However, Liz's California Roll was the only roll with more than 1 ingredient in the center of the roll. It was a very sad sushi day indeed! : (

So, as far as sushi goes, we are not big fans of Buddha at all!
Sorry Buddha. : (

No comments:

Post a Comment